Sunday, April 24, 2011

Spring Break

One of the things kids look forward to are breaks from school. These include weekends, Christmas Break, Thanksgiving Break, Summer Vacation..... I could go on and on. Spring Break is one of my personal favorites. Memorial Day, Labor Day, and weekends are super short, Christmas and Thanksgiving are usually spent with just family, and people are all on vacation during Summer Vacation. Spring Break is the only break where you can hang out with friends and stuff. Here are some of the things I did this year during Spring Break:


On Monday we left for Sandusky, OH to go to Great Wolf Lodge, an indoor water park resort. It was 3 days of swimming and sliding. My favorite slide was Alberto Falls, which is a super fast blue slide.

We got back on Wednesday afternoon and had a day of relaxing before our cousins came. Oops! I gave away the next big thing! Our cousins (Hannah, Rachel, Nathan & Aaron) came Thursday night around 9 pm.

On Saturday, the Church hosted an Easter egg hunt. I got about 20 eggs all filled with candy. One of mine, Hannah and Megan's favorite things to do when we see each other is Green Funland. It is a carnival sort of thing with games and stuff. The games include Knock the Bottle, I SPY Animals, Sky Diving, Memory Potion, Go Fish, Pony Rides, and (in honor of Easter) Where's the Egg?. Megan, Hannah, and I went exploring in he woods and found this stream with an island in the middle. we made a bridge out of sticks and played on the island for about an hour. The dads put up the trampoline that had been sitting in our basement. The little kids played on that while we went exploring. Since we cleaned the yard, the dads bought us kites. Even though they were cheap, they worked very well. We played with them until it started pouring rain.

Today (Sunday) we got up at 8:00, got dressed, and opened up Green Funland before church. After church, we ate lunch and painted boards to hang up in mine, Megan, and Hannah's rooms. Uncle Christian, Aunt Robyn, Hannah, Rachel, Nathan, and Aaron left that night.

Monday is the last day of Spring Break. It has been fun so far. When I get back to school, I have to take the OAAs (Ohio Achievement Assessment). They are hour long tests. Speaking of which, I have to get studying...

1 comments:

Robyn said...

Such an awesome Spring Break! Thanks for letting up come!